Sunday, August 9, 2015

Walls

Using the floor as a guide, I built all 4 walls.  Below is the 12 foot wide back wall.
This is the 12' front wall and includes the shed door opening with a 6 inch header.
Below is my little workshop where I cut the wood and keep all my supplies.  It's a small red garage next to the shed.  
The golden rule is to measure twice - cut once and don't forget it!
 Both front and back walls are completed so and I moved them off the floor and started to build the 16 foot side walls which have the windows.

 I had to think of a way to lift the wall up by myself without it falling off the edge so I attached 2 - 12 foot 2x4's to the top of each side and lifted up into place.
 Attached shorty 2x4's to the floor so the wall would not slip off the edge.  Once the walls were up, I used 2 - 3.5 inch construction screws every 16 inches and screwed the lower sill plate through the plywood to the floor joists.
Just need to add 2 header boards yet.
Walls are up now.  Lots of rain on the way so I set some long 2x4's on top of the sill and draped a tarp over.  It worked okay but ended up trapping a pile of bugs under the tarp and big pools of water on top of the tarp.


No comments:

Post a Comment